Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
Massport released its Phase II update a day early, on Thursday, August 10 this week. Phase II begins on August 11 and will last through August 19.
Progress Report Project Completion: 34%
From 6 pm on Friday, August 11 through 6 am on Monday, August 14, the contractor will be milling, rubblizing, paving, and striping the intersection of runways 11-29 and 05-23. This work will be performed continuously throughout the 60-hour closure.
From August 15 through August 18, the contractor will continue to work in the areas between Runway 5-23 and Taxiway G; as well as the western portion of the runway.
- Hartwell Road Entrance, to the west side of Runway: Route 62 to Hartwell Road entrance. Continuous, 24 hours a day seven days a week for the 30 calendar day shutdown. This will be the primary entrance construction activity the weekend of August 11-14
- South Road Entrance, to the east side of Runway: Route 4 to Hartwell Avenue to South Road Open daily 6:00 am to 10:00 pm..
Aircraft Operational Impacts
- Runway 5/23 closed Friday, 6 pm until Monday, 6 am. Taxiways south of 11-29 open full length during the Phase 2 closure.
- Crossings at Taxiways M and E will be open. Runway 5/23 not available for taxi.
- Helicopter operations will be allowed during the closure period.
Overall Project Schedule
Phase 1 – Overall reconstruction of Runway 11-29
- August 1, 2017 – August 30, 2017
Phase 2 – Work on Runway 11-29 within 5-23 intersection
- August 11, 2017 – August 14, 2017
Phase 3 – Work on Runway 11-29 within Taxiway G
- August 22, 2017 – August 25, 2017
Phase 4 – Milling and resurfacing pavement on Runway 11-29
- August 10, 2017 – September 17, 2017
Connect with Massport
- Hanscom Field Runway Project Hotline – (781) 869-8060
- For the most up to date information, please visit us on the web: http://www.massport.com/hanscom-field/about-hanscom/runway-project/