Submitted by Raeann Gembis, Bedford Recreation Department
The Rec Department’s brochure will be arriving by mail this coming week and is also available at www.bedfordrecreation.org.
Registration is available on-line, in person, by mail or by fax and will open on Sept. 7. The phone number is 781-275-1392. The department is located at 12 Mudge Way.
FAMILY FUN: We offer discounted Movie tickets and Whale Watch tickets. We also have an opportunity for tickets to a University of Massachusetts Football game at Gillette Stadium on Saturday, September 29. Tickets are only $10 per person.
Also, join in on a family dance adventure for parents and their children age 3 to 6, JourneyDance Kids.
NEW! BEDFORD COMMUNITY CHORUS, Directed by Katherine Parker
The Bedford Community Chorus is a new, non-auditioned choral ensemble that seeks to bring the joy of singing to its members and the community as well as to provide opportunities for fellowship and relationship building among members. The ensemble will rehearse a variety of repertoire from classical, jazz, pop and world music genres. We will perform at community events as well as two annual concerts (winter and spring). The group is open to anyone over the age of 12 who possesses a love of singing, regardless of experience! In order to participate, members must commit to attending 80% of rehearsals and performing in concerts (community event performances are optional). Rehearsals will not take place during school vacation weeks. Wednesdays, 10/3 – 1/23 (no rehearsal 11/7, 11/21, 12/26) 6:00-8:00pm. Rehearsals held at Bedford High School. Fall Session Membership Fee $120.00. These dues will cover the cost of sheet music, ensemble accompanist and performance venue usage. Winter concert date will be available at registration time.
Upcoming Adult Classes: We have a wide variety of classes and workshops available this coming session. Please see the website or brochure for full details.
- Personal Interest Classes: LinkedIn and Family Safety Online workshops, Pie Making, Natural Vision Improvement, Stop the Sugar Addiction, Getting Paid to Talk, Managing Your Income in Retirement, Maximize Your College Financial Aid, Organizing Works, Improving Your Office Efficiency, Home Improvement Series, Just Once Guitar, Charcoal and Pastel, Calligraphy, Watercolor and Harmonica.
- Fitness Classes: Hatha Yoga, Yoga- The Basics, Power Yoga, Zumba, NIA, Tai Chi, Cardio Tennis, Women’s Bootcamp, BodyJam, BodyPump, Sh’Bam, BodyCombat, Spinning, Rip60, Tap and Belly dance.
- Sport and Outdoor Adventures: Kayak, Fall Biking, Mystery Walks, Tennis lessons, Golf lessons, Volleyball, Badminton, Soccer and Basketball.
Please make a note of the following corrections from the Fall Brochure.
- BodyCombat: The classes are Mondays at 6:00pm (not on Tuesdays and Saturdays)
- Sh’Bam: The classes are on Tuesdays at 6:30pm and Saturdays at 10:30am (not on Mondays)
- Power Yoga Classes: Classes with Jeff are on Monday and Thursday evenings from 7:30 to 9:00pm, class is not held on Wednesday nights. Class with Yoko on Thursday mornings will run from 9:00 to 10:15am, not til 10:30am.