Compiled by Julie McCay Turner
The Citizen greatly appreciates the collaboration of each of these Bedford congregations in sharing their Christmas schedules with the community.
FIRST CHURCH OF CHRIST – United Church of Christ, Congregational
Rev. Dr. Betsy Waters, Interim Pastor; Rev. Gail Wright, Associate Pastor for Christian Nurture
25 The Great Road – 781-275-7951
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.firstchurchbedford.wordpress.com
- Wednesday, December 19 at 8 pm – Interfaith Longest Night service in the Koebele Chapel
- Sunday, December 23 – 4th Sunday of Advent — 10 am
- Monday, December 24 at 4 pm – Family Christmas Eve led by Rev. Gail Wright
- Monday, December 24 at 9 pm – Candlelight Christmas Eve Service led by Rev. Betsy Waters
- Sunday, January 6 at 10 am – Epiphany Pageant
And in observance of Martin Luther King’s birthday, on January 13, Rev. Jacqualyn McHenry will preach at 10 am, with a Community Conversation about race at 1:30 pm
- Monday, December 24, Christmas Eve – Mass at 4 pm for children and families and at 10 pm (Midnight Mass) with music
- Tuesday, December 25, Christmas – Mass at 7 am (no music) and 10 am (with music)
- Tuesday, January 1, 2013 – New Year’s Day – Masses at 9 am and 12 noon
Join us for Christmas services at the Church of The Savior.
- Sunday, December 23 – There will be a “Come As You Are” Christmas service at 8:45 AM (traditional) and 11:15 AM (contemporary) where we will worship together and the children and teens will tell the Christmas story.
- Monday, December 24 – You and your family are welcome to a “Family Christmas Eve Worship” at 3:00 PM. This will be a time for parents with little children to gather and to celebrate Christmas together; come and hear the Christmas story and join in familiar Christmas carols. That evening will be our traditional Christmas Eve Candlelight Services at 7:00 and 9:00 PM with pre-service music at 6:30 and 8:30 PM respectively.
- Christmas Day, December 25 – Join us for a Service of Holy Communion at 10:00 AM.
- Sunday, December 30 – There will be one service at 10:00 AM as we look ahead together to the New Year. All are welcome and invited to celebrate the birth of Christ our Lord and Savior!
The Church of Our Savior is located on the corner of Route 62 and Davis Road near the Concord line and all are welcome.
Christmastide Services for 2012
- Sunday, December 23 at 10:00 am – Advent IV – Holy Communion and Christmas Pageant
- Monday, December 24 – There will be three services on Christmas Eve: Family Communion at 3 pm; a Carol Sing at 9:30 pm; and Festival Holy Communion, with sermon and choir at 10 pm
- Tuesday, December 25 at 10:00 am – Christmas Day Eucharist
- Sunday, December 30 at 10 am – Christmas I Christmas Lessons and Carols with Holy Communion
All are welcome to join us in these special celebrations!
THE FIRST PARISH IN BEDFORD – Unitarian Universalist
Rev. John Eric Gibbons, Senior Minister; Rev. Megan Lynes, Parish Minister
75 The Great Road –781-275-7994
Email: email@example.com Web: www.uubedford.org
- Sunday, December 23 at 10 am – Annual Carol Sing with Brad Conner & Jennifer Lester, intermingled with some short stories from the works of Charles Dickens (One service only today)
- Monday, December 24 at 4 pm – Intergenerational Christmas Eve Services of Carols & Candles, coordinated by Lisa Rubin, with music by the FP Youth Choirs, Jennifer Lester on organ and Steve Sussman on piano.
- Monday, December 24 at 8 pm – Traditional Christmas Eve Services of Carols & Candles, with a homily by Rev. John Gibbons and music by our Adult Choir, soloist and orchestra. A musical prelude will begin at 7:40 pm.
- Tuesday, December 25 at 10 am – Ring the Memorial Bell: Though we will not have a service on December 25, we are obliged to ring our steeple bell. You see, the bell was given in 1926 by Clara Blinn who directed that “this is a Christmas Bell as well as a Memorial Bell to be rung on Christmas Day in the morning.” Come around 10am if you’d like to join in the pealing.
- Sunday, December 30 at 10 am – Annual Cusp Service with Ministerial Intern Joe Cleveland coordinating.
It is also tradition to ring First Parish’s bell at midnight on New Year’s Eve and you are welcome to participate.
- Monday December 24 at 7 pm– Special Christmas Eve Family Candlelight Servicein the Church Sanctuary.
Plan to attend and invite family, friends, and neighbors. Discover the true meaning of the Season of Christmas.