From the Town of Bedford’s web site
Would you like up to $3,000 for home repairs with no obligation to repay? This time it really isn’t too good to be true: The Bedford Municipal Affordable Housing Trust is accepting applications for the Small Grants Program, designed to provide assistance to Bedford residents to make repairs and alterations to their homes for safety and health reasons.
Use the money for minor plumbing or electrical work; light carpentry; doorbell switch; window repairs; broken or clogged gutters or downspouts; door repairs or replacements; step or porch repairs; lock repair or replacement; cement work or masonry repair; tiling; plaster patching and wallpapering; sheet-rock repair; touch-up painting; smoke/CO2 detectors; weather stripping; bathroom grab bars; interior painting or wallpapering; and more
The process is designed to be simple and quick. To be eligible:
- The property must be in Bedford, and must be your primary residence.
- You must plan to stay in Bedford for the next 12 months.
- Your income can’t be higher than 80% of the Area Median Income in this area.
- Your home’s assessed value must be lower than 120% of the median assessed value.
- You must let the Bedford Municipal Affordable Housing Trust know before you list your house for sale.
Applications will be evaluated and prioritized based on health and safety considerations, and financial need of the applicant. Grants are awarded two times per year with application deadlines at the end of April and October. You can download the application by clicking here or pick up a copy at the Town Manager’s Office, Bedford Public Library and the COA.
Contact Jessica Porter, Assistant Town Manager, at 781-275-1111 for more information.