Do you have unclaimed property?

Submitted by State Representative Ken Gordon

mass state sealI am working with State Treasurer Steven Grossman’s office to assist Bedford residents in identifying their unclaimed property. The Treasurer’s office estimates that one in 10 residents of the Commonwealth has unclaimed property over which he has custody.  Since you may be one of these individuals with property held by Treasurer’s Unclaimed Property Division, this is your opportunity to get it back!

Each year, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts receives large amounts of unclaimed property, including forgotten savings and checking accounts, un-cashed checks, insurance policy proceeds, stocks, dividends, and contents of safe deposit boxes.  Most of these accounts are turned over to the Treasury after three years of inactivity.

To claim your property, please visit the website Commonwealth has launched ( which will help you retrieve any unclaimed property that might be waiting for you. To file a claim, please contact the Unclaimed Property Division. You can use the website above, call 1-888-344-MASS(6277) or (617) 367-0400, email, or write to:

Department of the State Treasurer
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Unclaimed Property Division
One Ashburton Place, 12th Floor
Boston, MA 02108-1608

You can also contact my office:

Representative Kenneth I. Gordon
State House, Room 39
Boston, Ma 02133
(617) 722-2014

Keep our journalism strong! Support The Citizen Journalism Fund today. Contact The Bedford Citizen: or 781-325-8606

Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x