The Board of Directors of Bedford Montessori School is proud to announce that the school is moving from its current location at 153 Concord Road to 8 Alfred Circle in Bedford. The move is scheduled for mid-summer.
Their newly designed, much larger facility will provide ample space for their two preschool classrooms plus a much-anticipated toddler classroom. Children can enroll for 5 half days (8:45-11:45am) or 5 full days (8:45am-3:00pm). Before school (7:45-8:45am) and extended day (3:00-6:00pm) programs are available.
Bedford Montessori School follows the educational model of Maria Montessori. Montessori based her philosophy on respect and love for children. The staff at BMS believes in and supports these ideals in all that they do. They strive for a harmonious balance of freedom and structure while encouraging each child to do all that they can independently, assisting them when necessary for success.
Bedford Montessori School offers:
- Two mixed-age preschool classrooms for children aged 3 to 6 years
- A new toddler program for children aged 2 to 3 years
- A warm environment where children learn grace, patience, and respect
- A full array of stimulating Montessori materials
- Individualized, one-on-one academic lessons (language or math)
- Two teachers per classroom who are Montessori-certified or in the process of completing Montessori training
Though the staff is excited about relocating to a new building, it will be a bittersweet move for the school. BMS has happily occupied the building next to the First Baptist Church for 30 years and will miss having such a close relationship with the church.
Bedford Montessori School will have a celebration of new beginnings as soon as the building is complete. Please look for more details on their website www.bedfordmontessori.org. In the meantime, they are currently enrolling for the 2014-2015 school year and welcome inquiries about their program. Call 781-275-3344 for more information or to schedule a visit.