Submitted by Committee to Save Fawn Lake
Bring family and friends to the Fall Festival at Fawn Lake!! There will be live music, Bedford Farms ice cream, walking tours, historian Lee Yates and so much more! Lee will educate us on this amazing town resource and the wonderful history behind the lake’s formation and the buildings that surround it. Feel free to bring your fishing rods, kayaks, Frisbees, etc. And don’t forget to bring a chair or a blanket so you can sit on the lawn and listen to the sweet sounds of Stacy and the Band!
Be sure to visit us at Bedford Day! A classic VW bus decked out with decals has been loaned to us by Minuteman VW and will be displayed in our booth! Stop by, take a glimpse inside the bus, and take away a bracelet that proudly reveals our cause to Save Fawn Lake.
Please visit our Facebook Page, Fawn Lake Bedford Springs, to learn more about the lake, the many uses, the abundant and diverse wildlife and the MUCK that is trying to take over and suck our lake dry.
Did you know
- That Dr. William R. Hayden, the original owner of the property, is rumored to have hired 110 Italian workers to dig the lake over 150 years ago?
- That Dr. Hayden made an elixir from Viburnum trees that he sold to the Bostonians who vacationed there, to cure what ailed them?
- The pharmaceutical building in which he made his elixir still stands today and has been converted to condos?
- That six swans visit our lake each spring and fall and that there are more than seven varieties of fish in the lake including pickerel and large mouth bass?
- That last New Year’s Day, we had perfect weather conditions and well over 100 Bedfordites of all ages were ice skating, sledding and ice fishing?
Please join us and see for yourselves what a beautiful place Fawn Lake is and why we are working hard to ‘get the muck out’!!