Submitted by the Bedford Education Foundation
The Bedford Education Foundation will hold its Winter Bash at Waxy O’Connor’s, beginning at 7 pm on Saturday, December 6th. Why do you want to be there? Here are the top 10 reasons:
10. It is June 19th, three days into the long anticipated summer vacation. You just heard the first lament of “We’re bored—there is nothing to do.” A Springs Brook Park Family Membership will quickly turn those sour pusses into smiles and giggles in a heartbeat.
9. The dreaded high school/college reunion is already circled on the calendar. Not a chance that a few pieces of Spanx will get you in shape for the event. Now, where was that number for Atlantis Sports Club? Working out in their gym and pool is just what you need for that extra boost of confidence to make it through the night.
8. Did I forget to mention that the reunion is in Boston? Your parents have generously agreed to stay over and babysit! A reservation at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf would be a wonderful way to round out the evening.
7. Does your child have a birthday coming up? No problem! Your child along with her 24 closest friends can enjoy an Ice Skating Party at The Edge with 1-hour skate time and 30 minutes in a party room.
6. Need a quick and painless way to pay off those holiday bills? Our 50/50 raffle could be your answer.
5. The Farmer’s Almanac predicts the 3 W’s for Winter 2015: WINTERY, WHITE & WET. You won’t even care because you will have it covered with a PLR: Patriot Landscaping Rescue. Patriot Landscaping will be there for you every snowstorm for the 2014-2015 season plowing your driveway and shoveling your walkway!
4. Is Tom Brady your hero? Or do you think Big Papi is the man? Don’t worry. We can make your dreams come true! We have a pair of Patriots tickets to the game of your choice during the 2014-2015 season AND a pair of Red Sox tickets during the 2015 season!
3. Your husband just sent you a text that his family is “dropping by” in an hour on their way to a gathering in your area. The dilemma: Do you drag out the vacuum cleaner or wash your hair? The choice is obvious: jump in the shower and put the iRobot Roomba Robotic Vacuum to work!
2. Need a last minute gift idea? A chance in the iPad Mini raffle could be the final check off on your Christmas Shopping List.
1. Don’t discount the Farmer’s Almanac prediction. A winter getaway for the family at the Great Wolf Lodge ($600 value) will make you think you’re in the Caribbean without the hassle of going through Logan.
And about 75 other reasons too good to pass up! Click for a more complete listing of the auction items in the UPDATES BEF Bash Auction Booklet.
Not to mention a festive evening to kick off the holiday season for a good cause. All BEF profits benefits Bedford students in grades K-12.