Submitted by Bedford Embraces Diversity
Bedford Embraces Diversity – our local non-profit organization that educates and celebrates diversity – has been hard at work planning the town’s first Bedford Multicultural Festival to be held on Sunday, April 12, 12 – 5:30 PM.
We have some exciting updates to share:
- Live music and dance performances will be performing throughout the day – including a Klezmer Band, Armenian Folk Dancing, Filipino Music and a Bollywood workshop to name a few.
- Parade of Flags by Davis and Lane elementary school children – lead by none other than our own Superintendent of Schools, Jon Sills.
- “Sandwich” type of programming: the festival will start and end with performances and music for people of all ages. In the middle portion, it will offer clearly identified parallel tracks for different age groups, and each attendee can take their own journey depending on their age and interests.
- Keynote speaker: Leon Rubinstein, author, Holocaust survivor and proud resident of Massachusetts, has graciously accepted our offer to speak and read from his biography. Click to learn more about Leon Rubenstein. Please bring your children, ages 12+ – for most, they will never have this kind of opportunity again
- Children’s book reading by Sherry Cerino, author of Ella and the All Starsand kindness workshop that goes beyond anti-bullying training. (E.L.L.A. stands for Early Learning Leads to Acceptance.) https://ellasway.com/
- Live Storytelling – hear neighbors and area residents tell their stories of difference.
- Delicious international and ethnic food for sale
- Financial support from local businesses especially Higgins Real Estate, the Bedford Cultural Council and the Bedford Rotary Foundation.
- Raffles and more…
If you would like to volunteer or would like to inquire about selling international food or crafts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit: https://www.bedfordembracesdiversity.org/;
Bedford Embraces Diversity is a non-profit organization run entirely through volunteer participation. Please check out and “Like” our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bedfordembracesdiversity