Submitted by Paul Harrington and Candace Banks
Bedford’s K-12 Art Show will be held May 1 – 3, 2015! Free and open to the public, the Art Show will be held in Bedford High School (BHS) and display one piece of art from every student who takes art in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade in the Bedford Public School system.
The Art Show truly is an awesome show, however there is a lot of prep work for the art department, and all teachers are looking for help from parents and community volunteers. No experience necessary. See below.
Seeking parent or community volunteers to help with set-up and/or clean up:
- Tues., April 14: Help needed from 6-8 pm in the JGMS Art Rooms A117 and A114 to mat and label work that will be displayed in the show.
- Fri., May 1: Help needed from 9 – 11 am at BHS to hang the artwork for display.
- Sun., May 3: Beginning at 3 pm, help is needed at BHS to take down all the art.
Art Show hours:
- Friday, 5/1: Opening Night, from 6 – 9 pm, with food, music, and all the art teachers present.
- Saturday, 5/2: 10 am – 4 pm
- Sunday, 5/3: 11 am – 3 pm
Editor’s Note: The annual all-school/all-student art show is one of The Bedford Citizen’s favorite events. Read about the 2014 exhibit,