Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
Current open positions include:
- Arbor Resources Committee – 2 members: To enhance the quality of life in Bedford by protecting and preserving, developing and managing the arbor resources on publicly-owned lands and by encouraging preservation and development of resources on private lands. www.bedfordma.gov/arbor-resource-committee
- Cable Television Committee – 2 members: To advise the Selectmen on the licensing and operation of cable television in the town. www.bedfordma.gov/cable-television-committee
- Community Preservation – 1 member for an at-large vacancy: To study Bedford’s community preservation needs, communicate with other municipal boards and committees, hold public informational hearings, and make funding recommendations to Town Meeting. www.bedfordma.gov/community-preservation-committee
- Cultural Council – 2 members: To support public projects through the regranting of the annual allocation of funds from the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC). www.bedfordma.gov/cultural-council
- Historic District Commission – 1 member: Reviews any external changes to properties within the Historic District www.bedfordma.gov/historic-district-commission
- Trails Committee – 1 member: To promote a cohesive vision for the development and sustainability of the Town’s extensive trail network. https://www.bedfordma.gov/trails-committee
The Volunteer Coordinating Committee recruits and identifies qualified candidates for all appointive offices in the Town, except for appointees who work full or part time for remuneration and except for appointments to the Volunteer Coordinating Committee. Current members of the committee include Chair Patricia Carluccio, Vice-Chair Joseph Piantedosi, Jennifer Kelley, and Tim Gray. Caroline Fedele is the Selectmen’s Liaison.
If you are interested in a committee that does not have a current opening, submit an application so that the committee members know that you are interested in serving. All town board and committee meetings are open, and the public is welcome to attend; visiting the the board or committee will help you to learn more about their work.
To volunteer, download Town of Bedford Volunteer Questionnaire or contact Colleen Doyle in the Town Manager’s office, 781-275-1111.