Submitted by Bedford Babe Ruth Baseball and Softball
Bedford Babe Ruth Baseball and Softball would like to welcome all Bedford and Hanscom AFB residents, ages 5-15, interested in playing baseball or softball this spring. We have a few spots open in the older leagues and are still accepting registrations for younger leagues. We’d love for you to join a team!
Player and volunteer signups for all can be found at https://bedfordbaseballsoftball.com/. Games and practices for most leagues are played in Bedford with games primarily during the week (with periodic weekend games) and practices on weekends. Information for each specific league will be available during registration. The spring season runs from early/mid April through mid June.
Registration fees range from $100/$125 for younger leagues and $150/$175 for older leagues which includes the Town of Bedford Field User Fee. Each player will receive a team hat and game shirt.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for financial aid requests, questions, and if you’d like to be added to the BBRBS mailing list. We are also always looking for board members, managers, coaches, and help with events. Team sponsorship opportunities are also available. Let us know if you’d like information. All are welcome!
Below is some preliminary scheduling information for planning purposes – but please remember this is all PRELIMINARY and subject to change based on the number of teams we have in each league, the number of players at different ages, field availability and numerous other variables.
- Tryouts/evaluations for 9-12 year-old boys and girls leagues – Sunday April 3rd between 12PM – 6PM.
- Team practices begin week around April 9th subject to fields opening.
- Games begin for most leagues week of April 25th
- Team Picture Day/Opening Day w/ games to follow for most teams – Saturday April 30th
- Player Appreciation Day – Saturday May 21st
- Championship Weekend for leagues with Playoffs – June 17th-19th
Playing Days of Week for Different Leagues/Ages (this is subject to change as mentioned above but is what we have historically tried for)
- Boys T-Ball (age 6/Kindergarten) – Mon or Weds, and Saturday morning.
- Boys Farm (1stand 2nd grade) – Tues, Thurs and Saturday morning.
- Boys Leagues for Players ages 9-12 (as of May 1st– generally Grades 3rd-6th w/some 7th graders) – Mon, Weds w/some Friday and Sat evening games and Sat morning practices.
- Boys Babe Ruth grades 7th– 9th or 10th– schedule subject to leagues we play in – games scheduled to not conflict with Middle School and High School teams
- Girls Softball (age 6/7 – kindergarten – 1stgrade) – Generally 1 night a week Mon or Weds clinic/scrimmage with optional Sat clinic/scrimmage.
- Girls Softball Leagues 2nd through 5thgrades – Tues and Thurs with some Sat or Sun games or practices scheduled to try not conflicting with other youth sports games.
- Senior Softball 6thgrade and up – scheduled to not conflict with Middle School and High School teams – Games generally Friday night and Sat/Sun.
Any questions/suggestions please contact us at email@example.com