Submitted by Katherine Moskos, Chair, Bedford Housing Partnership
The program will provide low income households with security deposit and first month’s rent for affordable apartments. The program will operate on a first come, first served basis as long as funding is available.
An eligible applicant is one who:
- Resides in Town, or works in Town, or has a child at the Bedford Public Schools.
- Does not own real estate property.
- Has documented income that shows the household can afford monthly rent payments (household should pay <40% of gross monthly income for rent).
- Has never been granted assistance in the Bedford Initial Rental Assistance Program before. Has a social security number.
- Is not obligated to a Housing Authority for any past due funds.
- Has income within the guidelines set by HUD – 60% or below the Area Median Income (AMI).
There is no repayment due to the Town. The security deposit will be returned to the tenant at the end of the lease term as long as all lease requirements have been fulfilled by the tenant.
For more information regarding the program please contact 978-287-1092 or email Lara@RHSOhousing.org