By Sheila Albrecht
The Friends of the Library Spring Book Sale begins today and ends on Sunday afternoon. Special items include numerous vintage books sure to interest collectors and book lovers alike. There is a large children’s selection filled with picture books, parenting books and early readers. There are separate rooms for adult fiction and non-fiction books. With hundreds of thousands of books on offer, there is something for everyone.
- Friday, April 8 from 1 to 5 pm
- Saturday, April 9 from 10 am to 4 pm
- Sunday, April 10 from 1 to 4 pm
Why do the Friends of the Library have book sales?
Many patrons enjoy sharing books they no longer wish to keep. Others buy our books and donate them back again knowing the donated and eventual sale of the used books benefits a very good cause – The Bedford Free Public Library!
What is the money used for?
Used book sales by the Friends of the Bedford Library are essential to supporting many programs, acquisitions and events at the library.
Museum passes; Kindles and the iPads in the Children’s room; the Thursday night movie series and the media equipment that makes it possible; the amazing Sunday lecture series, this year featuring the Roosevelts, meeting room and teen room furniture; and many of the programs for children, teens and adults that are offered free of charge at the library. These are a few of the things funded by the book sale proceeds and the hard work of the Friends of the Bedford Library.
Become a Friend!
If you love our library – please join us. Come browse and buy a book. Or donate the old books you have at home for the next sale. Even better, join the Friends and help two ways:
- Through your membership dues you support all of the continued programs and acquisitions that make our library special and welcoming to our whole community.
- Become a Friend Volunteer! You can donate your time by volunteering to help sort books or work at our book sales.
- If you would like to become a member please ask any book sale volunteer for more information and they will be to help you become a “Friend” of the library. Or click friendsofthebedfordlibrary.wildapricot.org/ to visit our membership site.