Submitted by the Bedford Kids PMC Ride
JUST TWO WEEKS TO GO! Grab a Bike, Join the Party and Help Find A Cure!
We are so excited to celebrate our 12th Annual PMC Bedford Kids Ride will take place on Saturday, June 11, from 9am to 1pm at the John Glenn Middle School.
There are several great features in this year’s PMC Bedford Kids Ride:
- TOP RIDER FUNDRAISING RAFFLE: For the next four weeks before the ride we will be having a Top Rider Fundraising Raffle. The winner is eligible for a gift card. By simply raising $100 or more in online fundraising by Sunday evening, you will be eligible for each week’s drawing taking place on Monday! Set up a lemonade stand, yard or bake sale, sell cookies at a sporting event, ask your family and friends to donate to your ride – you’ll be amazed how quickly you can reach the required $25 per rider fundraising amount and even get to a $100 to be eligible for the raffle. We announce the winners on Monday evening on our FACEBOOK page and via e-mail.
- SUPER FUNDRAISER RECOGNITION: Become a Breakaway Fundraiser by raising $750+ and receive an awesome PMC Backpack. Heavy Hitters are riders who raise $250+ and will receive a PMC Heavy Hitter string bag. For every $250 raised, you can enter into an exclusive raffle for a chance to win an iPad Mini.
- FUN FUNDRAISING STORIES: Do you have a great fundraising story to tell – share the love – we’d love to hear it. Send us a message and you may be highlighted in the Bedford Citizen, our Facebook page or other media venues!
- GREAT RAFFLE PRIZES: Remember that for every $10 raised you earn one additional raffle ticket. Prizes include Red Sox tickets, Patriots tickets, Movie Night Basket, Family Game Night Package, Maker Basket, Ride to and from School in a Fire Truck (with a stop at Bedford Farms in the afternoon), the always popular Candy Basket and much more!
- VOLUNTEER: This Ride wouldn’t be possible without you! Please consider helping. There are many opportunities for adults and teens AND volunteers receive a 2016 PMC t-shirt! Visit the volunteers page to see all available opportunities and to register. We can’t do it without you!
The Pan Mass Challenge Kids Rides give children a way to become activists for charity at an early age, while doing something fun and athletic! Through the PMC Kids Ride Program, kids of all ages ride their bikes to raise money for life-saving cancer research and treatment at Dana Farber Cancer Institute through its Jimmy Fund. Volunteers in Bedford have worked to pull together a great day. We hope you join us.