Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
When voting ended on May 4 more than 1,500 voters had cast ballots in the competition for a new ice cream flavor. The winner, Suit n’Tie – a combination of vanilla ice cream, brownie pieces and a fudge swirl, captured first place with 249 votes. It was designed by Grade 5 students in Ms. Deisenroth’s class at Lt. Job Lane School.
The new flavor will be available at Bedford Farms’ store on North Road for a limited time this spring. Proceeds from the sale of the winning flavor will benefit B.E.S.T. PTO and the Bedford Education Foundation.
Runner-up flavors included:
- By The Beach – vanilla ice cream, caramel swirl & brownie pieces, with 242 votes;
- Chocolate City – chocolate ice cream, m & m’s & caramel swirl, with 216 votes;
- Mocha Mix-Up – mocha ice cream, cookie dough & brownie pieces, with 196 votes;
- Wake-Up Call – coffee ice cream, mini marshmallows & fudge swirl, with 186 votes;
- The Landslide – chocolate ice cream, mint truffles & cookie dough, with 178 votes;
- Gimme S’more Camper’s Delight – vanilla ice cream, fudge swirl & mini marshmallows, with 156 votes; and
- Chocolate Blast – chocolate ice cream, brownie pieces & fudge swirl, with 132 votes.