By Debra Parkhurst
At their meeting on August 8, 2016, the Selectmen…
- GRANTED a Special Permit to EMD Millipore of 80 Ashby Road, to install a new generator that is located within an Aquifer Protection Zone. Town departments, including Public Works, Health, Fire, and Planning, submitted recommendations regarding implementation.
- APPPOINTED Tim Gray of Fletcher Road to serve on the Conservation Commission. Gray formerly served on the Commission from 2009 to 2014.
- GRANTED an Order of Taking for temporary easements for work on driveways, walkways,and lawns along the new sidewalk, as well as improvements for pedestrian and bicycle access at Mudge Way and The Great Road, the Police Station, and the Jenks Trail.
- APPROVED the installation of a crosswalk warning signal at the intersection of Concord Road and Davis Road (near St. Michael’s Church).
- APPROVED engineering services from Green international Affiliates for field surveys, traffic counts, safety and environmental data, and the development of conceptual designs for the intersections along North Road at Pine Hill Road and at Chelmsford Road.
- REVIEWED open articles from past years and department explanations of status or requests for extensions.
- APPROVED the Warrant for the 2016 State Primary Election scheduled for Thursday, September 8, 2016.
- DELEGATED authority for the issuance of One-Day Liquor Licenses to the Town Manager or the Acting Town Manager from August 9 to September 6, 2016