Submitted by the Bedford Garden Club
The Bedford Citizen thanks the Bedford Garden Club for sharing their monthly gardening tips:
- Open those garden catalogs, plan your spring gardens, then inventory and order your seeds.
- Check on any stored plant roots or corms such as dahlias, tuberous begonias, cannas, or gladiolas, for shriveling or decay. Discard any that are damaged.
- Bring geraniums out of storage; cut them back by half, plant them in a pot, water well, and set them in a bright, cool window.
- Clean and sharpen your gardening tools.
- Feed the birds.
- Repot houseplants if they are root bound.
- Fertilize houseplants when new growth starts.
- Prune storm-damaged branches promptly from trees and shrubs to prevent tearing the bark and other damage.
- Buy some more indoor plants to help clean the air in your home.