Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
Working in partnership with the Recreation Commission, the newly-formed Friends of Springs Brook Park has posted a survey on Google Docs. It is intended to collect the community’s thoughts about membership, swimming lessons, walk-in passes and usage at Springs Brook Park for the 2017 season.
Organizers stress that no pricing decisions have been made, and they encourage survey participation so that a wide variety of opinions will lead to the final decisions.
For the 2017 season, the Recreation Commission is considering access to the pond at Springs Brook Park, including the use of kayaks, paddle boards, spray park, playground, mini-golf, and picnic area, etc. The park would be open from Tuesday through Saturday, from June through August, with specific dates to be determined. Swimming lessons would be offered at an additional cost and there would be free swim for Summer Adventures, depending on adequate park and lifeguard staffing
The Friends shared several data points to consider as individuals complete the survey:
- Family Summer Pool Membership Paint Rock Pool (Lexington) $700
- Family Summer Pool Membership Boston Sports Club (Lexington) $1,200
- Family Summer Pool/Tennis Membership Wedgwood (Bedford) $1,500+
- Altitude Trampoline Park (Billerica) $15 per person for 60 minutes
- Kimball Farms (mini golf, bumper boats, batting cages, bumper cars, etc in Westford) $35 per person for up to 5 activities
- Canobie Lake Park (Salem, NH) $38 per adult, $29 for kids under 48 inches
In the decision to open Springs Brook Park for the 2017 season, community voices were clearly heard on the importance of weekend access, offering free swim to Summer Adventures, and swimming lessons. One of the most important ways families can contribute to a successful summer in 2017 and for future years, is by purchasing a membership once the fee structure is determined.
The Recreation Commission and the Friends of Springs Brook Park appreciate the community’s participation in this survey.