Editor’s Note: The eighth in our Friday series examining the news about Bedford that was published in the Concord Enterprise 100 years ago this week; to contact the author, please email email@example.com
- The Lexington high school was closed Thursday and Friday of last week. Owing to the many cases of influenza, local schools have been closed until October 7.
- The library was not opened Saturday, as a precaution to prevent the spread of influenza.
- Following an order issued by the Board of Health, there were no church services held in any of the churches on Sunday.
- The drama and entertainment to be held in the town hall by the members of the Congregational Church were postponed owing to the influenza.
- Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Blake and son Warren have returned from a two weeks’ vacation spent in Maine.