Selected and transcribed by Dennis Ahern
Editor’s Note: The sixteenth in our Friday series examining the news about Bedford that was published in the Concord Enterprise 100 years ago this week; to contact the author, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. Fr. Joseph Burke, curate at St. Michael’s Church, has been transferred to Brighton, and the Rev. Fr. Hurley of Atlantic has been appointed to take his place here.
- Gerald Munroe has resumed his duties as American Express agent.
- A sodality will be started among the women of St. Michael’s church next Sunday afternoon at 3 o’clock.
- Miss Concettina Albani was the guest of relatives in Wakefield over the weekend.
- Eight-cent fares will go into effect on Dec. 1. However, eight-cent fares have been in effect on lines in this section for some time.
- It is with great pleasure we hear of the thousands of American boys are now on their way home. People in this section were disappointed to hear that the 16th division will remain in France, as a number of the Bedford boys are in that division.
- Mr. and Mrs. George Hill, of Crescent Ave., are receiving congratulations on the birth of a daughter.