Submitted by the US General Services Administration (GSA) Boston
BOSTON, November 8, 2018 – The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) announces that on November 13, 2018, the online auction is anticipated to close for the former Navy Aviation Hangar, in Bedford, Mass.
More information on auction closing rules can be found at https://go.usa.gov/xPVNW
The online auction is part of GSA’s ongoing efforts to dispose of excess properties, saving taxpayer dollars and making more efficient use of the government’s real estate assets.
- Approximately 16 acres, which have been improved with a 95,949 square foot building.
- The building has two Aviation Hangars, a three-story office building, and a two-story addition with an open floor plan.
- Built in 1959, the site was used for aircraft maintenance and housed radar equipment, administrative offices, and laboratories.
- It is adjacent to Hanscom Airfield.
- The property is eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The site is located at 154 Hartwell Road, Bedford, Mass. 01730
- The property is available for inspection by appointment for registered bidders. Please call 617-565-5700 or email Maryland@gsa.gov to schedule an appointment.
- Information on this property can be found at https://realestatesales.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/?sl=BOSTN118005001
About the Online Auction:
- The auction is anticipated to close on 13 November 2018 at 1 p.m. CT on gov.
- A bid deposit of $25,000.00 is required. See the auction page for latest bid information.
- For more information on this online auction, please contact Barbara Salfity, at 617-565-5720 or Barbara.Salfity@gsa.gov
- Helpful Resources: For additional information and to view the Invitation for Bids (IFB): visit gov or https://propertydisposal.gsa.gov/
GSA is responsible for promoting effective use of federal real property assets, as well as the disposal of real property that is no longer mission-critical to federal agencies. The New England Region Real Property Utilization and Disposal Division offers comprehensive services ranging from the evaluation of the existing use of a property, along with its potential use and valuation, to marketing and disposing of real estate.
For more information, visit: www.gsa.gov/r1 and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
GSA provides centralized procurement for the federal government, managing a real estate portfolio of more than 370 million rentable square feet nationwide and overseeing $55 billion in acquisitions annually. GSA’s mission is to deliver value and savings in real estate, acquisition, technology, and other mission-support services across government.