Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
The following individuals are expected to stand for election at Tuesday’s Caucus:
- Assessor ~ R. Bruce Murphy (I), for a three-year term
- Board of Health ~ Beatrice Brunkhorst (I), for a three-year term
- Housing Authority ~ 1 vacancy, for a five-year term
- Library Trustees ~ Elizabeth Hacala (I), Abigail Hafer, and 1 vacancy for a three-year term
- Moderator ~ Cathy Cordes (I), for a three-year term
- Planning Board ~ Mark Siegenthaler (I), for a one-year term
- Planning Board ~ Shawn Hanegan (I) and Amy Lloyd (i), for three-year terms
- Regional School Committee ~ 1 vacancy, for a three-year term
- School Committee ~ JoAnne Santiago (I) and 1 vacancy for a three-year term
- Selectmen~ William Moonan (I) and Emily Mitchell, for three-year terms
* (I) – Incumbent
Retiring when their terms end in 2019
- Library Trustee: Emily Mitchell (retiring to run for Selectman)
- School Committee: Michael McAllister
- Selectmen: Caroline Fedele
To Get on Bedford’s Town Election Ballot
There are two ways for candidates to secure a place on Bedford’s Town Election ballot
- Tuesday’s Caucus: Two Caucus Nominees may be named for each vacancy should more than one person come forward to vie for the position.
- Nomination Papers: Potential candidates may also secure nomination papers, available at the Town Clerk’s office. Nomination papers need to be signed by a required number of registered voters and returned to the Town Clerk’s office by close of business on Wednesday, January 16, to allow time for the signatures to be certified, then the candidate’s name can be added to the ballot.
Bedford’s annual Town Election will be held on Saturday, March 9, 2019, from 8 am until 6 pm in the gymnasium at the John Glenn Middle School, 99 McMahon Road.