Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
At the January 15 HFAC meeting, Massport Hanscom Airport Administration Manager Amber Goodspeed gave a tentative timeline for the T-hangar project as it inches along toward reality at Bedford’s North Airfield:
- The developer’s business terms for the project would be presented to the Massport board in Boston on January 17, 2019
- Upon approval of the business terms, completion of the lease documents would take from 30-60 days
- Once the lease documents are approved, construction of the North Airfield taxilane and T-hangars may begin
- Construction in Bedford is expected to take up to 18 months; site work may begin during the coming summer but an earlier start date is not ruled out
- Upon completion of the North Airfield T-hangars and taxilane, the Pine Hill T-hangars will be demolished to make space for Concord’s new Pine Hill corporate hangar.
As planned, this North Airfield project could include up to 55,000 square feet of T-hangar space and a taxilane on 7 acres on land abutting Instrumentation Laboratory. There is also a second Massport North Airfield project for up to 110,000 square feet of corporate aircraft hangar space on an additional 7 acres adjacent to the T-hangar parcel (see map above). Both parcels border Hartwell Road, and the corporate aircraft parcel is immediately adjacent to the Navy hangar acreage recently sold for $9,040,000 in a GSA auction. At press time neither the winning bidder or the potential use for the Navy parcel has been revealed.
Business terms for the corporate aircraft hangar project will be presented to the Massport Board for approval at a later date.
Air Noise Report
Next HFAC Meeting ~ Tuesday, February 19, 2019, at 7 pm, Boston MedFlight Facility, 150 Hanscom Drive, Bedford.
There will be a short tour of the new MedFlight facility, in addition to the regular HFAC meeting.
Residents of Hanscom area towns are welcome to attend both the tour and meeting. Free parking is available at the MedFlight lot, as well as in the nearby Civil Air Terminal lot.