Submitted on behalf of the Relay For Life Committee of Bedford
Please join us at our 14th Annual Relay For Life of Bedford on Saturday, May 18th – Sunday, May 19th at the Bedford High School Track.
Wondering what goes on at Relay for Life? Watch our video to find out! youtu.be/WzKNUckKtD0
We are so thankful for all the community support last year that made our Relay a huge success! We are hoping we can count on your support again this year.
Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society’s signature fundraising event where people within the community gather to celebrate survivors, remember those lost to cancer, and to fight back against this disease. Teams walk around the track throughout the night to symbolize that cancer doesn’t sleep and we shouldn’t either.
We hope you will come walk with us and/or join us for our ceremonies. Relay For Life is for all ages. We have lots of fun games, music, a photo booth, and a Kids’ Tent. We start at 4:00 pm. The Relay is open to the public until 11:00 pm.
- 4:00 pm – Opening Ceremony and Survivors/Caregivers Lap
- 4:30 pm – Survivors Reception: Survivors and their Caregivers are invited to join us for dinner and dessert. Our treat! Please register at relayforlife.org/BedfordMA – scroll down to the Survivors/Caregivers section.
- 5:30 pm – Fight Back Ceremony and Kids’ Lap – This ceremony symbolizes the will and drive of a survivor to fight back against the disease. After, all the kids will unite together and walk a lap in the fight against cancer and their hope for a cancer-free world.
- 9:00 pm – Luminaria Ceremony – Each luminaria bears the name of someone who has battled/is battling cancer. This ceremony of light symbolizes the hope and perseverance with which we all continue to fight. We will take a silent, glow stick lit lap around the track.
- 5:30 am – Sunrise Lap/Closing Ceremony
There is still time to register, become a sponsor, volunteer, and/or donate! Visit our website at relayforlife.org/BedfordMA for more information.
There is No Off-Season…Cancer doesn’t take days off, so neither do we.
Our committee is comprised of Bedford High School students, parents, faculty and staff who are dedicated to the fight against cancer. We have set our goals high to ensure we are making the most impact to create a world without cancer. With your help, we know we can achieve these goals!
Thanks to your help, Relay For Life fundraisers raised $279 million to fund potentially lifesaving cancer research and patient programs last year. The American Cancer Society was able to give more than 20,000 cancer patients free rides to chemo, provide more than 25,000 people with a free place to stay near hospitals, and give answers and support to more than 1.3 million people who called their live 24/7 helpline.
We are gearing up for an amazing Relay For Life! We hope you will join us!
The Relay For Life Committee of Bedford ~ email@example.com – Tax ID# 13-1788491