Submitted by the Bedford Athletic Association
Tickets are still available for the seventh biennial induction dinner and ceremony for the Bedford High School Sport Hall of Fame, planned for Saturday, May 18, starting at 6 p.m. at the St. Michael Parish Center, 90 Concord Road.
Contact the athletic director’s office to make reservations (email@example.com, 781-275-1700, option 5).
The inductees, covering five decades of excellence, are:
- Kristen Baratta ’12, varsity starter in three sports for eight seasons;
- Michelle Busa ’83, a three-year, three-sport all-star at BHS;
- Jim Byrnes, boys’ basketball coach for 20 seasons;
- Jeff Eagles ’87, all-star diver in high school and college;
- Michal Ingram-Rubin ’10, high school and collegiate basketball standout;
- Olivia Jameson ’13, record-setting BHS swimmer who was later all-Ivy;
- Tom McManus ’76, two-time Dual County League golf champion;
- Steven Mead ’91, varsity hockey player and coach;
- Herman Rice ’87, football star who is in the NCAA record book.
Two championship teams will be inducted: the 2012 girls’ tennis squad, which won the Division 3 state title, and the 1979 boys’ soccer team, Division 3 North sectional champion. Also, the selection committee has nominated Mike Rosenberg for induction, in recognition of 45 years of contributions to the BHS sports program.
The Hall of Fame is sponsored by the Bedford Athletic Association.