Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
Correction: June 5, 2019 ~ Accurate addresses for public comment by letter or by email have been added
Massport Administrative Airport Manager for Hanscom Field Amber Goodspeed reported that Massport submitted its 2017 Environmental Status and Planning Report (ESPR) for Hanscom Field to the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act Office (MEPA) on May 15, and opened a public comment period on the report findings to extend until July 11. Public meetings will be held on June 4, June 6, and June 11.
Paper copies have been placed in the public libraries of Bedford, Lexington, Lincoln, and Concord for citizens to read, and there are also online options:
- 2017 Hanscom ESPR
- ESPR Acronyms and Glossary of Terms
- Appendix A – Draft Scope, MEPA Certificate, and Responses to Comments
- Appendix B – Airport Layout Plan
- Appendix C – Ground Transportation
- Appendix D – Noise
- Appendix E – Air Quality
- Appendix F – Wetlands and Rare Species
- Appendix G – Cultural and Historical Resources
- 2017 ESPR Proposed Scope
Public Meeting Schedule
Residents are invited to a series of three meetings to be held at the Civil Air Terminal where Massport will present the ESPR findings to the public, invite questions and discussion, and hear comments from residents and local, state, and federal officials for the public record. All meetings will take place in Room 308 of the Civil Air Terminal, 200 Hanscom Drive, Bedford, MA.
- June 4, Tuesday, 6 pm: ESPR Background, Forecasts, and Ground Transportation Issues
- June 6, Thursday, 6 pm: Air Noise, Cultural, and Wetlands Issues
- June 11, Tuesday, 6:30 pm: General Meeting with Officials of the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act (MEPA) Office in Attendance.
Goodspeed mentioned that the June 11 meeting, in particular, would be a good chance for the public to offer comments in person.
Email Your Public Comments
Please reference the project name and EEA# in the subject line of the e-mail — 2017 ESPR – Massport/HANSCOM ~ EEA No. 5484/8696
Please mail letters with public comments to
Secretary Kathleen Theoharides
Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
Attn: MEPA Office, Alex Strysky
EEA No. 5484/8696
100 Cambridge Street, Suite 900
Boston, MA 02114
Letters may also be cc’d to Stewart Dalzell
Stewart Dalzell, Deputy Director
Massport Environmental Planning and Permitting
One Harborside Drive, Suite 200S
East Boston, MA 02128-2909
Email address: email@example.com
All comments received by the deadline July 11, 2019 will be provided to the Secretary for review and included in the public record for the project.