Compiled by The Bedford Citizen
Citizen of the Year nomination forms are available on the Town’s website and are due on Tuesday, July 30. Click this link to view/download/print the nomination form.
An annual tradition since 1979, the Citizen of the Year is honored by:
- Riding in the Bedford Day Parade
- A reception at Old Town Hall coupled with the annual Bedford Minutemen Change of Command Ceremony
- Participates in the Annual Tree Lighting each December on the Common
- Participates in Pole Capping Day
Who do you think deserves to be Bedford’s next Citizen of the Year?
Here’s what the Town points to as guidelines as you think about residents to nominate:
Time spent and benefit resulting to the Town in general
- Can cover any time period
- Can be supported by additional letters or endorsement of others
Town affiliations and organizations
- A current resident of the Town of Bedford
- Experience with all Town organizations, including not-for-profit organizations or volunteer groups that benefit the Town
- Elected officials may not be selected while holding office
- Town employees’ honor may not be associated with their current position
- Prior services should be considered: either elected, voluntary, or appointed
- Town positions or committees
Individual contributions that benefit the Town
Ready to nominate the next Citizen of the Year? Click here!