Oktoberfest, a free, family-friendly event featuring a German-style Biergarten by Notch Brewery, food trucks, lawn games, and live music, will fill Bedford Common on Saturday afternoon, October 19, rain or shine.
Have fun with your friends and neighbors outside while enjoying the beautiful setting of the historic Bedford Town Common. Dance or sing along to the festive music of Hofbrau Spieler Band, a German-style oompah band, from noon to 3 pm.
Food trucks and local favorites will be serving a wide variety of food.
We encourage walking and biking to Oktoberfest with ample bike parking available. If driving, please park at the Town Municipal Lots at 10 Mudge Way, Bedford. There will also be ADA-only designated parking on Great Road in front of the Bedford Common. Please note that Elm Street will be closed next to the Town Common for pedestrians and food trucks.
The Town of Bedford thanks Bedford businesses Suzanne & Company, Orthopaedics Plus Physical Therapy/Spectrum Fitness, Coldwell Banker – The Laura B Team, and Middlesex Savings Bank for helping to sponsor Oktoberfest.
- Date: October 19, 2019
- Time: 12 pm to 4 pm
- Location: Bedford Town Common, 75A Great Road, Bedford, MA
- Parking: Free public parking at Bedford Town Hall, 10 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA
- Admission: Free to the Public, Ages 21+ and parent/guardian-accompanied minors (adults must bring photo ID)
Further Oktoberfest Guidelines
- Open to Adults 21+ (photo ID required for admission); minors under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Wristbands with two beverage tickets attached will be given to Adults 21+ with ID for purchase of beer or hard cider; keep your tickets with you
- Get a hand stamp at the food trucks when you buy food to purchase more than two alcoholic beverages (per Bedford Alcohol Policy)
- No bags allowed; bags needed for health/family care reasons will be checked & tagged at entrances
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed from outside; purchased beer must be consumed within the beer garden fenced/roped area
- Well-behaved dogs on leashes are allowed; owners must pick up after dogs
- Attendees may bring their own lawn chairs and picnic blankets or sit at the picnic tables provided by Notch Brewery