Editor’s Note: It’s election season, and The Citizen thanks the Office of the Town Clerk for sharing this important information with our readers.
Check Secretary of the Commonwealth William Galvin’s lists of candidates on the March 3 Presidential Primary ballots
The deadline to register to vote at the Presidential Primary is February 12, 2020.
The Town Clerk’s Office will be open until 8:00 PM on Wednesday, February 12, 2020, for voter registration.
Early Voting for Presidential Primary *
Scheduled for the week of February 24 – 28, 2020, at Bedford Town Hall, Reed Meeting Room, 10 Mudge Way.
*Massachusetts General Laws do not provide for Early Voting at Annual Town Elections
Early Voting Hours
Monday – 8:00 AM until 7:00 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM
Friday – 8:00 AM until 1:00 PM
Absentee Ballot Applications are available online
- Absentee Ballot Application for a Voter or a Family Member
- Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) for citizens residing overseas
Absentee ballots are also available at the Town Clerk’s Office.
- Completed, hand-signed applications (electronic signature cannot be accepted) should be mailed or scanned and sent by email or fax to the Town Clerk’s Office before the deadline for the scheduled election. Please contact the Town Clerk for more information.
Presidential Primary Election on March 3, 2020
- Absentee Ballot Applications must be received in the Town Clerk’s Office by Monday, March 2, 2020, at Noon.
Annual Town Election on Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Absentee Ballot Applications must be received in the Town Clerk’s Office by Friday, March 13, 2020 at Noon.
Additional Useful Links
- Am I registered to vote? to check your voter registration status.
- Online Voter Registration to register online if you have a MA Driver’s License or MA ID
- Voter Registration Form to print a voter registration form to mail or bring to the Town Clerk’s Office by the deadline. If mailed, postmark must be no later than February 12, 2020.
- Track my ballot – Track receipt of absentee ballot application, date of mailing ballot to voter, receipt of ballot back to Town Clerk’s Office