Valentine’s Day is a week from today.
Thanks to Mothers Out Front for sharing Elders Climate Action’s suggestions for celebrating sustainably.
- Instead of buying cut flowers, buy a pot of herbs or flowering bulbs to plant in your garden this spring.
- Plant a bare roots tree with your loved ones.
- If you buy chocolates, make sure they are Fair Trade.
- Write a letter to a loved one or to a younger person you love.
- Give a gift of carbon offsets
- Make a donation to a climate action group in honor of your loved ones.
- Make your own cards out of old calendars, recycled papers, and mail-order catalogs.
- Wrap gifts in reusable materials.
- If you go out to eat, bring your own reusable containers for leftovers
- Attend a climate strike with your family or loved one