Bedford’s Select Board voted on April 15, 2020, to accept the following local option provisions of Massachusetts State Law recently enacted to help municipalities address financial challenges that residents may be facing from COVID-19, as well as extend the due date on Water/Sewer Bills.
- The due date for your 4th Quarter FY2020 Real Estate and Personal Property tax bill has been extended from May 1, 2020, to June 1,
- The due date for filing your Tax Exemption and Tax Deferral applications with the Assessors’ Office has been extended from April 1, 2020, to June 1, 2020.
- The due date on Excise Tax bills due on March 10, 2020, and before May 31, 2020, has been extended to June 1, 2020.
- The due date on all Water/Sewer bill due on March 10, 2020,,and before May 31, 2020, has been extended to June 1, 2020.
Please note: Payments received after the due date of June 1, 2020, will be subject to interest and penalties.
1 ~ Pay online through the Town’s website (bedfordma.gov) by selecting “Pay Bills”
- Use your bank’s online bill pay feature. Please be sure to reference your account number on the bill payment transaction.
2 ~ Mail a paper check to Collectors Office, 10 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA
3 ~ Use the Town’s dropbox outside the main entrance at Town Hall at 10 Mudge Way. Enclose only checks or money in an envelope using this dropbox. Do not leave cash in this
Exemption/ Deferral Application Submission Options
- Mail application to the Assessor’s office at 10 Mudge Way, Bedford MA, or
- Enclose application inside an envelope and place inside Town Hall Drop
If you have a question or need assistance
Please contact Victor Garofalo, Finance Director, Treasurer/Collector, in the Finance Department: Phone (781) 275-2218, Email email@example.com