If you’re not already registered to vote in the Presidential Election on November 3, National Register to Vote Day, September 22, is a good time to check your voter registration or add your name to the voter rolls so that you can cast your ballot.
Are you a new voter?
There are multiple ways to register to vote in Massachusetts:
- Online: on the Secretary of the Commonwealth’s website if you have a signature on file with the Registry of Motor Vehicles
- By mail: using the Massachusetts voter registration form Be sure to read the instructions carefully and fill it out completely. Mail the completed form to Town Clerk, 10 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA, 01730; it must be postmarked by Saturday, October 24, 2020. Alternatively, your registration form may be deposited in the secure dropbox built into the wall to the right of the front entrance of Town Hall by 8 pm on October 24.
- In-person in the Bedford Town Clerk’s Office: You can schedule an appointment to register in person during regular Town Hall business hours by calling 781-275-0083 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. On Saturday, October 24, the Town Clerk’s Office will be open for voter registration from 2 until 8 pm.
Is your voter registration up-to-date?
Changes, if needed, can be made online, by mail, or in-person by appointment.
Massachusetts residents can view their registrations online at https://www.sec.state.ma.us/voterregistrationsearch/myvoterregstatus.aspx
In addition to viewing your registration status, the query also lists the polling location, contact information for the Town Clerk’s Office, and a list of officials elected to serve Bedford on Beacon Hill.
Important dates leading up to the November 3 Election:
- September 22 ~ National Voter Registration Day
- Early October ~ Vote by Mail ballots will be sent by Bedford’s Town Clerk
- October 17 ~ Early in-person voting begins at Bedford Town Hall
- October 24 ~ Voter registration closes for the November 3 election
- October 28 ~ Vote by mail application (absentee voter) requests must be received in the Town Clerk’s office by 5 pm
- October 30 ~ Early in-person voting ends at 1 pm
- November 3 ~ Election Day, Bedford polls for all four precincts will be open at the John Glenn Middle School from 7 am until 8 pm.
Please call the Town Clerk’s office at 781-275-0083.