Thank you to all parents, families, and caregivers who have already sent in the documentation that their child has received the 2020 flu vaccine. As you know, the Flu Vaccine is required for all students in Massachusetts and must be completed and reported by December 31, 2020. It does not matter whether your child is hybrid or remote, the requirement is for all students. The Massachusetts guidance around the vaccine requirement can be found here.
With this in mind, the Bedford Public Schools in collaboration with the Bedford Board of Health is offering Bedford school students the opportunity to receive a flu vaccine at designated drive thru flu vaccine offerings.
The previously planned in-school flu vaccine opportunities are postponed due to the recent Bedford High School closure announcement related to the Town of Bedford’s COVID-19 risk level status. Announcements will be made if in-school flu vaccine clinic opportunities are planned; however, there is no guarantee that in-school clinics will be offered in the future. Despite the elevated risk status, the clinics are structured (drive thru) to maximize protection of Bedford residents and staff at the clinic.
To register for a flu vaccine please use the HIPAA compliant registration system, IntakeQ. Prior to registering, please understand that:
- Vaccine opportunities are on a first-come and first-serve basis and are limited to the amount of vaccine allocated per clinic;
- You will be asked to submit a copy of your health insurance cards;
- There is an extremely limited amount of FluMist doses available. These doses are reserved for children with an exceedingly high aversion to getting the shot version of the vaccine;
- The clinic flow is structured so that the vaccination opportunity is expedited. The flow of the clinic ensures that social distancing is maintained throughout;
- Staff administering the vaccines are Registered Nurses;
- Directions and expectations will be sent the day before or morning of the clinic. Most of these details can be found on the registration webpage.
Opportunities for students to receive a vaccine in Drive Thru Flu Vaccine Clinics :
- Monday, 11/2/20 from 4:00 pm-5:30 pm ~ Behind the Town Center Building, 12 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA. This clinic is for all ages. Parents may receive their vaccine at this clinic, but registration is required.
- Tuesday, 11/3/20 from 10:00 am-11:30 am ~ Behind the Town Center Building, 12 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA – This clinic is Bedford Public School students only
- Wednesday, 11/4/20 from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm – Behind the Town Center Building, 12 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA – This clinic is Bedford Public School students only
Please use this link https://intakeq.com/booking/arkth6 to access the registration system.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions by calling the Board of Health at (781) 275-6507.
As always, thank you for your patience, your participation, and your continued commitment to our schools.
Wishing you continued health.