The Bedford Municipal Affordable Housing Trust is now accepting applications for the Small Grant Program, designed to help Bedford homeowners make necessary repairs to their homes for safety and health reasons.
The Small Grant Program provides up to $4,000 for qualified Bedford applicants. Applications will be evaluated and prioritized based on health and safety considerations, and financial need of the applicant. Grants will be awarded in January 2021, with an application deadline of November 16, 2020.
Examples of eligible projects that correct substandard conditions and health and safety issues include:
- Plumbing or electrical work
- Light carpentry
- Doorbell switch
- Window repairs
- Gutters or downspouts
- Door repairs or replacements
- Step or porch repairs
- Lock repair or replacement
- Cement work or masonry repair
- Tiling and plaster patching
- Sheet-rock repair
- Smoke/CO2 detectors
- Weather stripping
- Bathroom grab bars
The process is designed to be simple and quick. To be eligible:
- The property must be in Bedford, and you must reside there.
- You must plan to stay in Bedford for the next 12 months.
- Your income can’t be higher than 80% of the Area Median Income in this area.
- Your home’s assessed value must be lower than 120% of the average assessed value.
- You must let the Bedford Municipal Affordable Housing Trust know 120 days before you list your house for sale or rent.
- You must be within the eligibility financial guidelines.
Contact Alyssa Sandoval, Economic Development Director, at 781-275-1111 or by email at email@example.com for more information and to receive an application. The application is also available at https://www.bedfordma.gov/municipal-affordable-housing-trust.