The influenza immunization is now required for all children 6 months of age or older who are attending Massachusetts child care, pre-school, kindergarten, K-12, and colleges and universities. The new vaccine requirement is an important step to reduce flu-related illness and the overall impact of respiratory illness during the COVID-19 pandemic. Students are expected to have received a flu vaccine by December 31, 2020, for the 2020-2021 influenza season, unless either a medical or religious exemption is provided.
The Bedford Public Schools in collaboration with the Bedford Board of Health is offering Bedford school students and residents the opportunity to receive a flu vaccine at a designated drive-thru flu clinic that is structured to maximize protection of Bedford residents and staff at the clinic.
Opportunities for students and residents to receive a vaccine is as follows:
Drive-Thru Flu Vaccine Clinic
Wednesday, 12/2/20, from 2 to 3:30 pm
Behind the Town Center Building, 12 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA
This clinic is for all ages. Parents may receive their vaccine at this clinic, but registration is required.
To register for a flu vaccine please use the HIPAA compliant registration system, IntakeQ. Please use this link: https://intakeq.com/booking/arkth6 to access the registration system.
Prior to registering, please understand that:
- Vaccine opportunities are on a first-come and first-serve basis and are limited to the amount of vaccine allocated per clinic;
- You will be asked to submit a copy of your health insurance cards;
- There are no FluMist doses available;
- There are a limited number of High Dose vaccines available;
- The clinic flow is structured so that the vaccination opportunity is expedited. The flow of the clinic ensures that social distancing is maintained throughout;
- Staff administering the vaccines are Registered Nurses;
- Directions and expectations will be sent the day before or on the morning of the clinic. Most of these details can found on the registration webpage.
Please note: If you have a health plan that is not we are not contracted with, adults 18 years of age and older will be asked to pay a $20.00 co-pay for the administration of the vaccine. Refer to the listing of contracted health plans on our Flu Clinic Information – Community webpage.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions by calling the Board of Health at (781)275-6507.