The Bedford Public Schools, in collaboration with the Bedford Board of Health, are offering Bedford school students the opportunity to receive a flu vaccine at designated drive-thru flu vaccine offerings on Friday, November 20 from 11 am until noon, and on Monday, November 23, from 1 until 2 pm.
- Drive-thru Flu Vaccine Clinic ~ Friday, 11/20/20 from 11 am until 12 pm
- Drive-thru Flu Vaccine Clinic ~ Monday, 11/23/20 from 1 pm until 2 pm
Drive-thru clinics will take place in the parking area behind Town Center, 12 Mudge Way
The clinics are for all ages. Parents may receive their vaccine at this clinic, but registration is required.
To register for a flu vaccine please use the HIPAA compliant registration system, IntakeQ (https://intakeq.com/booking/arkth6) before the clinic.
Important: If you have a health plan that is not we are not contracted with, adults 18 years of age and older will be asked to pay a $20.00 co-pay for the administration of the vaccine. Refer to the listing of contracted health plans on our Flu Clinic Information – Community webpage.
General Information for the Upcoming Flu Clinics
- Vaccine opportunities are on a first-come and first-serve basis and are limited to the amount of vaccine allocated per clinic;
- You will be asked to submit a copy of your health insurance cards;
- There are no FluMist doses available;
- The clinic flow is structured so that the vaccination opportunity is expedited. The flow of the clinic ensures that social distancing is maintained throughout;
- Staff administering the vaccines are Registered Nurses;
- Directions and expectations will be sent the day before or on the morning of the clinic. Most of these details can found on the registration webpage.
Previously planned in school flu vaccine opportunities were postponed due to the recent school closure related to the Town of Bedford’s COVID19 risk level status.
Announcements will be made if in-school flu vaccine clinic opportunities are planned; however, there is no guarantee that in school clinics will be offered in the future. Despite the elevated risk status, the clinics are structured (drive-thru) to maximize the protection of Bedford residents and staff at the clinic.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions by calling the Board of Health at (781) 275-6507.