As part of our Martin Luther King Jr. Day observance, Bedford Embraces Diversity is holding a donation drive to support the Bedford Emergency Response Food Bank, which provides for about 100 households a week and is always in need of items that aren’t available through Greater Boston Food Bank or other donors.
Items on this list include:
- Disinfectant and cleaning supplies
- Dish and laundry detergent
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Diapers and baby wipes
- Personal care items: shampoo, toothpaste, soap, menstruation products, shaving cream, razors
- Swiss Safe Emergency Mylar Blankets
- Manual Can Opener w/Tapper
- Mini flashlights with batteries included
Youth and Family Services also accepts gift cards to distribute to residents in need throughout the year. There will be a collection box in the driveway (by the garage doors) at 2 Sunset Road from Jan 9-24. The box will be closely monitored and emptied frequently so donated items will be safe.
In addition, Bedford Youth and Family Services has an Amazon wish list where you can purchase items and have them sent directly to their office https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3AGXUMU1NUWJE?ref_=wl_share
Thanks for your help in these tough times.