January 19, 2021
- Two (2) new COVID-19 positive cases at Bedford High School (BHS case #37 & case #38), no close contacts.
- One (1) new COVID-19 case at JGMS (JGMS case #9), close contacts have been identified.
- Two (2) new COVID-19 positive cases at Davis School (DS case# 14 & 15), no close contacts.
- There are currently two (2) active COVID-19 positive cases in the BHS community, three (3) active cases in the JGMS community, two (2) active cases in the Lane School community, and (3) active cases in the Davis School community at this time.
- These current cases do not appear to be connected or related to previous cases identified in these schools.
Over the long weekend, there were two (2) new cases of COVID-19 reported within the Bedford High School (BHS) Community, one (1) new case of COVID-19 in the JGMS community, and two (2) new cases of COVID-19 in the Davis School community. Each of these cases is in isolation at home. BHS case #37, BHS case #38, Davis school case #14 , and Davis School case #15 were not present in school during their infectious period and investigations revealed that no close contacts were identified within the school community. JGMS case #9 was present in school during their infectious period and close contacts have been identified and instructed to quarantine.
Information on close contact identification, contacting tracing, and where and when to get tested, can be found in our FAQ.
We remind parents/guardians/caregivers that it is imperative that all Bedford Public School students be evaluated for symptoms of COVID-19 each day before sending them off to school. Teachers and school staff are required to do the same self-evaluation for symptoms. These measures, taken in combination, greatly reduce the risk of transmission.
We will continue to be vigilant in adhering to all of the protocols that have been put in place in an effort to continue in-person learning via our current hybrid model. We are also providing remote learning for all students required to quarantine at home to continue to provide instruction, structure, and an emotional connection to the classroom during a time that we know will be challenging for those children and families involved.
We are committed to continuous communication with and support of our families. If there is additional transmission as a result of these cases or a separate case, the Bedford Health Department Staff and School Nurses will immediately begin a case investigation to determine close contacts and conduct appropriate notifications to any impacted school community members so as to initiate proper quarantine. Thank you for your continued support.
Wishing you continued health.