September 6, 2021
- One (1) new COVID-19 positive case at JGMS (JGMS Case #1). No close contacts.
- One (1) new COVID-19 positive case at Davis School (DS Case #1). 18 contacts.
- There are currently (2) active COVID-19 cases in the BPS community at this time.
- This case does not appear to be connected or related to previous cases identified in the schools.
- Please review our COVID-19 Protocols documents at BPS COVID-19 Dashboard
- Please sign up for Symptomatic testing, Routine COVID safety checks, and our “Test and Stay” Protocol HERE
- Symptomatic and Routine COVID safety checks will begin as soon as possible. Please sign up now to assist CIC in rostering, supplying, and supporting the Bedford Public Schools with our COVID testing program.
Over the weekend there has been one new reported case of COVID-19 in the Davis School community and one new case in the JGMS community. We have completed contact tracing and the appropriate families and staff have been notified. We are following the latest DESE protocols regarding close contacts and will be implementing DESE’s test and stay protocols for close contacts identified. Please see our district website for more information on contact tracing and COVID-19 scenarios.
We continue to follow the latest DESE guidance on close contact notification. Individuals in the classroom within 6 feet are considered a close contact BUT if you are from three (3) to six (6) feet (masked but not fully vaccinated) you will be notified by the school nurse and/or the Bedford Health Department. At this time if those close contacts within the three (3) to six (6) feet of distance are wearing a mask, they do NOT need to be quarantined but it is recommended that they be tested. Close contacts in the classroom or on the bus while both individuals were masked do not have to quarantine unless they were within 3 feet of distance of the COVID-19 positive individual for a total of 15 minutes during a 24-hour period. For more information please see the MA DESE COVID Site.
We remind parents/guardians/caregivers that it is imperative that all Bedford Public School students be evaluated for symptoms of COVID-19 each day before sending them off to school. Please refer to the COVID-19 Daily Screening Checklist.
Please stay tuned for information on COVID-19 safety checks (pooled testing). We aim to start the testing program in collaboration with DESE and CIC as soon as possible. We were recently connected to a program coordinator from CIC, and from there will schedule a start date once supplies are received and on site supports are scheduled.
We are committed to continuous communication with and support of our families. If there is additional transmission as a result of this case or a separate case, the Bedford Health Department Staff and School Nurses will immediately begin a case investigation to determine close contacts of any cases and conduct appropriate notifications to any impacted school community members so as to initiate proper quarantine. Thank you for your continued support.
Please sign up for Symptomatic testing, Routine COVID safety checks, and our “Test and Stay” Protocol HERE
Wishing you continued health.