~ Submitted by the Bedford Cultural Council
Bedford Cultural Council grants support a variety of artistic projects and activities in and around Bedford.
- Did you pass a painted utility box?
- Did you attend the Martin Luther King Jr Day Community Breakfast?
- Did you see the StoryWalk Collection at the Library?
- Did you watch BHS Sports Live Streaming?
- Did you read The Bedford Historical Society Preservationist Newsletter?
- Did you attend The Drowsy Chaperone or Mama Mia!?
- Have you participated in a Bedford Arts and Crafts Society workshop?
- Did you see the baggage carts in front of the Freight House and Depot Park?
- Do you use the Bedford Citizen Calendar (BeTC)?
These are just a few of the projects sponsored in part by a grant from the Bedford Cultural Council. The BCC receives funding from both the Mass Cultural Council and the Town of Bedford. In FY22 the BCC awarded 32 grants totaling $14,277.
Each year, the BCC also seeks input from the community to assess local cultural needs. Your input helps the BCC set priorities for next year’s funding. The community input survey ends on June 15 on is online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZY99H7P. If you haven’t provided your input, we want to hear from you and there is still time!!
The grant application process starts every year on September 1. For more information on the BCC, visit our website bedfordma.gov/cultural-council.
Do you have any questions about grants? Do you want to learn more about the BCC?
Stop by the Cultural District tent on the Common during the Celebration Launch (Saturday, June 11, from 10 am until 2 pm) so we can answer your Cultural Council questions.