- This event has passed.
10th Annual Peeps Diorama Contest ~ Entries and Awards ONLINE
An event every day that begins at 2:00 am, repeating until April 15, 2020
am Aghababian, Teen Services Librarian and official Peeps-master at the Bedford Free Public Library tells The Citizen that the 10th Annual Peeps Diorama contest is “going virtual.” If you submitted an entry before the Library closed, you do not need to re-submit. The Library has your information and your pictures. The deadline for submitting your entry is April 8. You will be able to view the entries and vote for your favorite on the Library website. Winners will be announced on April 15.
If you have been working on a diorama during these days when everyone has been confined at home, now is the time to get serious. If you can’t get Peeps, you can make your own out of paper or clay (but we hope you have a generous supply on hand!)
Peeps Dioramas are theme-oriented; in this unprecedented time, there is no telling what creative Peep-sters will come up with. You have until April 8 to create your entry, photograph it, and submit your photo via email to email@example.com. The contest is open to individuals or groups of all ages.
If you would like to see entries from previous years, here is a link to the Library website,
- Peeps® must feature prominently in your diorama. Can’t go out to get Peeps? Create your own with paper or clay – as long as they look like Peeps, you’re good!
- Limit one submission per individual/team contestant. Age categories are: Grades K-5, Grades 6-12, and Family (mixed ages)/Adult.
- Your finished work must not be larger than 18 inches wide by 18 inches deep.
- Email a photo of the complete diorama and up to 3 detail photos to Bedford@minlib.net. Please include Peeps Diorama Entry in the subject line of the email, and include a title for the diorama and which age range you’re entering: Grades K-5, Grades 6-12, Family (mixed ages)/Adult.
- Dioramas must be submitted by April 8.
- Vote online from April 9 to April 14
- Submitted entries will be displayed on the Library’s website.
- The public will be invited to view entries on display on the Library website and to cast their votes from April 9 through April 14.
- The diorama with the most overall votes will claim the “Peeple’s Choice” Award. Other honors shall include the coveted “Best in Class” award for each age category.
- The winners will be announced on the Library website on April 15