- This event has passed.
Neighbors on Tap
April 29, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm$50
Our mission at Minuteman is to help seniors and people with disabilities live in the setting of their choice by engaging community resources and supporting caregivers. We serve adults of all ages and incomes with a special focus on those in the greatest social and economic need. We provide vital services that support aging with dignity and enable family caregivers to continue caregiving, saving taxpayer dollars by preventing the unnecessary use of institutional care. Last year Minuteman Senior Services provided services to over 30,000 people in 16 communities through our 20 different programs.
Minuteman Senior Services has over 40 years of experience serving seniors, disabled adults and caregivers in Bedford and surrounding towns, and we are the hub of a network of support services that keep people independent.
- We provide free information and referral, both locally and nationwide
- Our conflict free community care managers can arrange for a variety of non-medical in-home support services such as personal care assistance, grocery shopping, homemaking, adult day care and transportation to medical appointments through our extensive vendor network
- We can support people through care transitions by following them across care settings to assure continuity of care and can be the “eyes and ears” of medical professionals in the home.
- At our community based Senior Dining Centers, older people enjoy nourishing luncheons in a social environment, and our volunteers deliver hundreds of hot meals each week to people who are homebound through the Meals on Wheels program.
- Our Caregiver Support program provides education and personalized training to families caring for loved ones, and we offer the evidence-based Powerful Tools for Caregivers workshop
- We are one of 22 programs in Massachusetts that are designated by the state to investigate reports of elder abuse, neglect, self-neglect and financial exploitation.
- We offer health insurance counseling through the SHINE program and assistance with bill-paying and budgeting through the Money Management program.
- Our Healthy Living leaders run evidence-based workshops that help people manage their chronic diseases, prevent falls and eat wisely.
- Educational and support groups help people with the practical and emotional challenges of caregiving, domestic abuse, and parenting adult children with mental illness.
- April 29, 2019
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Community Organizations and Events
August 10 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every month that begins at 7:00 pm on day Second of the month, repeating indefinitely